So you’d like someone to help you get on top of your finances, but you’re not yet at the investing stage. No problem.
First, you should know: if you’re not completely satisfied by the value of your package, simply let me know within 30 days of your last session, and I’ll completely refund the price of the package. Quite simply, if you don’t find that it’s worth your money, then I’ve done something wrong, and you shouldn’t have to pay for that.
It all starts with a free, no-commitment, no-pressure consultation session, where I sit down with you, talk through your current financial situation, and talk about what I can do to help.
Once you’ve decided to work with me to create a financial system, you get the following:
- Six one-hour sessions in which we’ll work on setting up systems to move you toward your financial goals.
- The timing of the sessions is based on your needs — at first, we may meet weekly or biweekly, and then move to monthly or bimonthly as appropriate.
- Unlimited phone/e-mail access.
- A “financial snapshot” spreadsheet which captures balances, cash flows, and even actions we take along the way — so you’ll clearly see the money and time you’re saving!
Systems and goals may include (but aren’t limited to!) the following:
- Tracking your spending – without spending every waking moment in Quicken.
- Eliminating debt – in a real, sustainable way.
- Establishing a zero-based budget – and sticking to it.
- Sharing finances with your spouse – without killing each other.
- Automating your finances – so you can focus on more important things.
- Building savings for emergencies, as well as for short-term goals.
Price: Payment plan of $85/month for six months, or $425 in advance (a free session!).
Once you’ve built your system, you may find that you like having a financial advisor on-call. If so, I’d be happy to work with you on retainer; you’ll get unlimited phone and e-mail access, plus a number of in-person sessions as outlined below:
- One (annual) in-person session: $150
- Two (biannual) in-person sessions: $225
- Four (quarterly) in-person sessions: $350
Frequently Asked Questions
What can’t you help me with?
You’ll need to go to a specialist if you want to:
- File for bankruptcy
- File your taxes
- Get marital counseling
- Plan your estate
I can, however, help you find an expert that fits you, and help you figure out what questions to ask.
What are your qualifications?
I am a Registered Investment Advisor with the state of Texas; however, one lesson I’ve learned the hard way is that certifications and helpful financial advice don’t always go hand in hand. With that in mind, my financial report card may be found here.
What is a typical session like?
I meet clients wherever you’re most comfortable — your home, our home, Starbucks, Skype, wherever. In the course of the hour, the session is generally divided up into three main parts:
- Review results from the previous session’s “assignment” (e.g. implementing your budget), answering questions and providing feedback.
- Go over this session’s topic, answering questions and developing a system for your individual situation.
- Decide on an “assignment” for next session, giving you the opportunity to try out your system.
If you find a particular aspect of your system isn’t working, please let me know. Every system is an experiment, and as such is expected to be tweaked or even thrown out entirely if it isn’t working. One size definitely does not fit all in the world of personal finance!
None of these packages is exactly what I’m looking for. Are there any alternatives?
I’m always evolving the business, so if there’s a package you’d like to see here, let me know and we’ll figure out something that works for you.
Will you really give me my money back if I’m not satisfied? What’s the catch?
Yes, I will. The catch is that I’ll want a brief explanation of why you weren’t satisfied; if you feel the need to ask for a refund, then I clearly did something wrong, and I’ll want some insight on how to fix it!
What payment options do you accept?
Currently, I accept personal checks or cash. However, if enough clients ask for the ability to pay using debit or credit card, I’ll make it happen!
How do I get started?
Just send me a note.